Wednesday, March 16, 2011

NEWS - Largest Gluten Free Market Opening in SoCal!!

Photo from: The Burbank Leader
It's true. Someone took pity on the city of Burbank, CA and is building the largest gluten free market in the nation.

Wait, what???

Yes. The LARGEST GLUTEN FREE MARKET IN THE U.S.

Take a minute to let that soak in.

My new favorite business owner, Pam MacDonald, is opening her store, Pam Mac D's Gluten Free Market, right in the heart of Southern California, 15 minutes from where I grew up.

Honestly, what's more surprising to me is that the store will be in Burbank. I grew up in LaCrescenta, CA, about 10 miles from Burbank. And let me tell you, it's not that exciting of a town. In Burbank the police will actually give you a ticket for J-walking, the only attractions are a giant movie theater and IKEA, and there's all these little streets that really should be one way but instead are two way half-lanes. It's not WORTHY of this store.

I really hope the store is open for my quick 3-day visit next month, because I am going on a gluten free safari!!

See the website for Pam Mac D's Gluten Free Market here.

See the newspaper article for the store in The Burbank Leader here

1 comment:

  1. How can I get a store in my area? I live in Northern MN and we only have 1 Whole Foods Co-Op and a handful of 'Natural food stores'. A store like this in Duluth would be a great success!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...