Monday, September 26, 2011

RESTAURANT - Pizza Fusion: LA + NJ



I try to make it back to LA, where I'm from, at least once a year. See my nearest and dearest friends. Jay-walk knowing you're not allowed to, but doing it anyways because I'm a New Yohkah now. Remembering how to drive. Amoeba Records*. And now, visiting Pizza Fusion in West Hollywood.

Last year our trip to LA was the Eric's first trip sans-gluten. We did all the research ahead of time, and Pizza Fusion stood at the top of our list. It did disappoint. Because he was a bit of a gluten free virgin, the waiter was thrilled to tell him about their multiple gluten free beers, gluten free pizza crust, and, oh ya, a gluten free brownie!


Since last year's LA trip, we went to another Pizza Fusion location in Red Bank, NJ. Totally different atmosphere, in a good way. Replace vegan models for families, bar service for BYOB, and teens practicing for their singing audition with children singing loudly.

After these two great gluten free times, Pizza Fusion in WeHo (ya, I'm that cool) was on the top of our to do list. Look up to see the gluten free flatbread with olive tapenade, artichoke dip and marinara. I'm pretty sure the flatbread is the same crust as the pizza, but it's extra crispy.

And here is the gluten free pizza with vegan soy cheese and pepperoni. This crust is ridiculous. Ya, you'll pay a little more for the crust, but just keep the toppings simpl and the price is pretty reasonable.


End your meal with an AMAZING gluten free brownie. The first time we got this last year, the waiter was almost giddy to bring it out to us. It's like when you are throwing someone a surprise party, and YOU are the person bringing the guest of honor to the party. I did this a few years ago for my good friend Sam, and it took everything I had not to spill the beans and burst out laughing 10 feet from the door.

See for yourself...

Check out Pizza Fusion's website for more info. There are lots more locations than the two I mentioned.

Pizza Fusion
7950 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90046
(323) 375-3390

Pizza Fusion
95 Broad St.
Red Bank, NJ 07701
(732) 345-1600

Photos by Lobo Jones Photography
www.lobojones.com

* I'm leaving out one very important place from my list of things I look forward to in LA. In N' Out burger. Duh. I figured it was overkill to mention In N' Out and Pizza Fusion in one post. It's just unfair to the readers. Fear not, East Coasters! Check out The Burger Garage in Queens. See my post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...